Friday, April 3, 2009

Being in Love and Fashion

Do you remember the first time you fell in love? How your heart raced, your face flushed, and your stomach turned upside down over and over again? Maybe, like me, you even found it hard to breathe sometimes. But you yearned to feel like that, to be in that moment forever. No matter the cost. Even if it meant you'd have to sacrifice your heart being broken at some point down the line. It's really inevitable with your first love. I know I'll never forget that first kiss, so passionate, my heart pounding against his chest, and the butterflies I got every time we were together, or even at the very thought of him. Fashion does that for me. It's my first love all over again and again and again. You're probably thinking 'this girl is crazy'. But it's true, and only a handful of people can truly feel that way, that passionately about something that you can let it consume you completely. When I am thinking about creating a new collection, feeling the fabric across my body, the excitement I get in producing something new, I want to put my heart and soul into every minute of it. Because like that first love, it can be gone in a flash. Love comes and goes, and you can sit around, waiting forever to feel that way with someone again, but fashion will always be here, ever evolving. 



No comments:

Post a Comment